Re: starting Idesk automatically in IceWM on Lenny

On Friday 16 October 2009 13:42:25 Tim Clewlow wrote:
> Ok, I found out that there is an error in the .xsession file, the
> correct version is below, note the line 'icewm &' has now become
> 'icewm-session &' - this should bring back the correct background
> and hopefully the mouse will behave noremally again :-)
>
> #!/bin/sh
> xrdb -merge ~/.Xdefaults &
> icewm-session &
> idesk &
> while [ 1 ] ; do
> sleep 1000d
> done

Our emails crossed!

I have both IceWM _and_ idesk running correctly. \0/

Just out of interest, and because it would obviously be easy to reverse, I
uncommented startx in .bash_profile.  I then rebooted.

And I have a fully operational system, but for that error message, so
something is still not right - but hey, the presenting problem has been
solved.  So if you want to breathe a sigh of relief and bring the shutters
down, I shall still be greatly indebted to you.

But if you have the stamina, and enough of the will to live, I would love to
sort it out properly.

Many thanks,
cheers,
Lisi