Re: php cgi

2009/10/11 Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir@cohens.org.il>
On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 01:36:43PM +0800, Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:
> I want to know how to set up a debian server capable of running php cgi
> script and how to create and run cgi script. Where can I find articles on
> that?
> I had search for a few hours but still could not find a good one.

Any package that provides httpd-cgi will do the trick. Install the
package php5-cgi, and you're basically done. Just use CGI scripts with
the headers:

#!/usr/bin/php

(Not sure what extra switch is needed, if at all. Too lazy to search
right now).

However, why do you want to use PHP as CGI and not as a more efficient
option?

Any suggestion would be fine. If there is a better one, please share it with me since I'm a bit clueless on this matter.

What I'm trying to achieve is like this:

I browse on iceweasel to server 192.168.56.10. There I will be brought to a web interface showing informations of that server such as kernel version, network interface and such. Not only that, I could change its interface setting such as IP address, netmask and gateway.

I hope that will clear things up a bit.

--
Tzafrir Cohen         | tzafrir@jabber.org | VIM is
http://tzafrir.org.il |                    | a Mutt's