sid dist-upgrade: lvm2 conflicts with devicekit-disks so systems with / on lvm2 killed

Hi,

I recently  did a sid dist-upgrade, and could no longer boot using linux-image-2.6.30-2-686-bigmem kernel
and had to boot off an old 2.6.26 kernel.

The reason is that gnome-control-center and other gnome stuff bring in devicekit-disks
and

1. lvm2 requires dmsetup
2. devicekit-disks conflicts with dmsetup
3. gnome-control-center and other gnome crap need devicekit-disks
4. so lvm2 and dmsetup get kicked out to rc status
5. then you can't boot with your kernel if / is on lvm2

and / on lvm2 is a prominent choice in the standard debian lenny install disk. I got
/dev/sda1 as ext2 /boot and the rest of the install on /dev/sda2 as physical volume.

First I thought the problem was initramfs-tools, but it is not.
Even if I force the
the initrd-img to contain the dm_mod modules with entries in /etc/mkinitrd/modules
the system still does not boot.

This is a problem.

To solve it temporarily:

apt-get install dmsetup lvm2