Removing a linux-image.

Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 13:42:36 -0600
"Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss@iguanasuicide.net> wrote,
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: gscanbus in Lenny
> IMHO, don't use deselect.  Officially, aptitude is
> preferred to both deselect and apt-get, now.

Thanks!  Good tip!  I've used it since.

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 00:05:35 +0200
Johannes Wiedersich <johannes@physik.blm.tu-muenchen.de> wrote,
Subject: Re: Removing linux-image-2.6.24-1-686
> You are on the wrong track. Removing linux and
> moving to M$ won't solve any problems, but create
> a bunch of new ones.

I get it.  I get it. But 2.6.30 works well.  No need to keep 2.6.24.

The problem is simply that aptitude in Squeeze is unaware of
2.6.24 and I want to remove it without a hidden legacy.

Thanks,            ... p. crawford

New! Get to Messenger faster: Sign-in here now!
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9677407