Re: Sound card noise on Lenny amd64

> I remember having experienced something similar quite some time ago. I think
> it was related by having some mic-channel open or whatever. It looks like
> something is picking up the output signal and feeds it back to an input
> again.
> Anyway, I think I solved it by muting that channel. Can you try (eg. using
> alsamixer) to mute and unmute every channel, and see if muting one of those
> solves your issue.
> Hope this helps. If not, I have no idea what's the problem.

I run alsamixer and after probing all controls I found the muting Mic
Boos and Headphone solved the noise. I still can hear the noise too
low but only when I increase the Volume of my speakers to maximum. I
think that this is pretty normal.

Thanks a lot, I really believed that there was a problem with my
Debian Lenny. I didn't think that something so simple such as
adjusting alsamixer would be the solution. I feel ashamed :$

Bye :)