Re: keeping the two latest files on a folder

Quoth Håkon Alstadheim at 2009-10-14 16:52...
> Seems to work here. Standard behaviour for 'ls' is to use
> single-column-mode when output is not to a tty. Your ls command may be
> aliased to something, or it might be a different version from mine. Try
> the manual page. Try with the '-1' option to force single-column-mode.

Can't reproduce it here.  Even in single column mode with -l I still get
the whole lot.  Thought it might be something in my .bashrc, which I
brought over from a Gentoo install so tried it on my FreeBSD box and
still get the same results - always every item.

The only way I can think of to guarantee that this would work on any
system would be to use Perl.  But that's my answer to everything ;-)

Cheers

The guy with the shell allergy.

--
Matthew Smith