Re: Could you recommend CD/DVD writer program?

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 3:09 PM, Christer Oldhoff <coldhoff@swipnet.se> wrote:
> Hello Dave,
>
> On 2009-10-13, Dave Sherohman wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> The position I was trying to explain in my earlier message was that,
>> even though 99% of replies to mailing list messages are intended to go
>> to the list, directing an intended-private message to the list causes
>> over 100 times more harm than a message intended for the list being
>> inadvertently made private.  The Debian list policy is, therefore,
>> reasonable, because it minimizes the overall total harm caused by
>> misdirected messages.
>>
> I completely agree with You!
>
> My wife hosts a mailing list for scientists, and although most of the
> subscribers have a 'Dr.' or 'Ph.D.' in their title, messages from the
> list are repeatedly replied to as if they came from private email addresses.
>
> The list is usually monitored, and there is a lot of work to weed out
> private messages. Despite repeated detailed explanations of why these things
> happen, some people keep doing it wrong again and again...
>
> Now, sometimes, the list is left to run unmonitored and then it can get
> really wild:
> Apart from harmless accounts about personal experiences, travel itineraries,
> and family matters, there have been cases of subscribers unknowingly posting
> their credit card details to the list, which is a serious problem, since anyone
> can read the list messages.
>
> So, the list policy is sound.

Yes, you are sounding so reasonable. As a final accord, would you,
please, to post an instruction how to tune up GMail web client to use
'List Reply' field in messages?

As a next step we will kindly ask an administration of the List to put
it somewhere in FAQs for newcomers.

--
Sincerely Yours'
Mark Goldshtein