Re: starting Idesk automatically in IceWM on Lenny

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 21:32, Lisi <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> Any attempt, however, to make Idesk also start automatically, results in Idesk
> running fine - but not X and IceWM.  The desktop looks odd (as if it hasn't
> finished loading), and although all the icons work and the applications start
> up and function correctly, when I shut down an application, X shuts down with
> it.

What do you mean by any atempt? Idesk must have a .start script, maybe
under .idesk, are you issuing something like:
exec /path/to/idesk &
with the ending &?

Under bash or dash? Dunno if it matters but the default shell was
recently changed.

--
()  ascii-rubanda kampajno - kontraŭ html-a retpoŝto
/\  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail