Re: Printing from last page to the first

Merciadri Luca <Luca.Merciadri@student.ulg.ac.be> writes:

> Hello,
>
> When printing a document, it is always easier for the person who needs
> to reassemble the printed document if it was printed from the last
> page to the first one, leading to such a printing stack in front of
> you:
>
> Sheet 1
> Sheet 2
> .
> .
> .
> Sheet n-1
> Sheet n
> assuming there are n sheets of papers.
>
> However, even with using a special PPD file for my OfficeJet Pro
> L7500, I am unable to tick such an option whatever the place: CUPS on
> localhost, Printing menu under System > Administration, ...
>
> Is there an easy solution to use this?
>
> Thanks.

If it is in postscript form, then you can use (or pipe through) the
psselect program in the psutils package.  I haven't tried it, but I
see where cups configuration has a filter option, one of which is
ordering using psselect.  I see it in cups configuration and in the
options for individual print jobs, so you just need to look deeper
into the configuration options.  It is available in the KDE versions
of the print manager, but I don't know that is available elsewhere.

--
Carl Johnson		carlj@peak.org