Re: How much RAM can debian support?

Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 12:50:41PM +0200, Magnus Pedersen wrote:
Alex Samad wrote:

[...]
God can you remember when 16M used to be a lot ...............

My first one, a commedore vic-20, I think I was 8 years old and it was my first real love...
1MHz CPU I think is was a 6502
5K RAM

but IIRC, you could only access 3.5 as the other 1.5 was taken up by
the system. And I could outtype my modem (300 baud) with one hand.

I remember my first 300 baud modem. And downloading e-mail from Compuserve with a script that would connect, download and disconnect so as not to spend any more time actually connected (at per minute charges) than was absolutely necessary.

Maybe those weren't the "Good, old days."

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com