Re: segmentation fault with NVIDIA 32bit part

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 10:27 AM, lee <lee@yun.yagibdah.de> wrote:

> cat:/home/lee# /emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib/libGLcore.so.1
> Segmentation fault
> cat:/home/lee#

You can't "run" a library directly.

More to the point, since you have an amd64 system, why bother with
ia32 components? I don't recall any need for ia32 for nvidia. Later
you make a reference to nvidia-glx, and nvidia-glx-ia32 - they say
they have the same functionality, but one is amd64 and the other one
is ia32, for mixed 32 & 64 bit compatible systems. It's been a while
since I ran debian, but I ran ubuntu 64 bit with their nvidia drivers
(coming from Debian) and I don't recall any dependency on 32 bit
stuff. There was some, but it was basically for things like
googleearth etc.

--
thanks for letting me change the magnetic patterns on your hard disk.