Re: segmentation fault with NVIDIA 32bit part

On Tue, Oct 06, 2009 at 08:00:52PM -0700, David Fox wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 10:27 AM, lee <lee@yun.yagibdah.de> wrote:
>
> > cat:/home/lee# /emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib/libGLcore.so.1
> > Segmentation fault
> > cat:/home/lee#
>
> You can't "run" a library directly.

Oh. I thought you could --- some time ago, I was reading an article
somewhere saying that they made it so that libs can be executed so
that the lib would print some version information.

But you're right, other libs report segfaults as well when I try. That
means that there must be some other problem. Maybe I can figure it out
tomorrow.

> More to the point, since you have an amd64 system, why bother with
> ia32 components? I don't recall any need for ia32 for nvidia.

Where do you get a 64bit version of X3? Or X2? Quake? Doom? Tribal
Trouble? And so on ...

I already told LGP a couple times that they need to make a 64bit
version of X3 (even before it came out), but they refused and claim
the 32bit version works just fine. But it doesn't work at all, it's
running in slow motion and keeps crashing. For anyone who plans on
buying that game, just don't. It's a nice game, but before they fixed
these problems, it's a waste of money. If they don't fix it soon, they
should take it back ...

Sure I'd like to turn off 32bit support in the kernel. The nvidia
drivers work without, but drivers alone don't get you very far.