Network interface testing utlity

Hi,

I am using Debian Lenny. I need to test/compare two different network cards - especially errors on Receiving and Transmitting and overall reliability.

Can anybody recommend couple of utilities for this purpose? Also while testing the cards should I try to send/receive huge amount of data simultaneously? What kind of environment should I setup for the testing?

Thanks

Kushal Koolwal

I do blog at http://blogs.koolwal.net/

Bing™  brings you maps, menus, and reviews organized in one place.   Try it now.