Re: xserver will not start after dist-upgrade

Svenn Are Bjerkem wrote:
2009/9/29 Svenn Are Bjerkem <svenn.bjerkem@googlemail.com>:
Anybody experienced this or have a solution.

I found my own answer after some more googling:

wasn't enough to google for xserver-xorg, there should also have been
some intel words in there.

Since the fix is in experimental, it will probably appear in more
stable versions sooner or later.

It's not just Intel. I'm on AMD64/ATI and the problem appears to be with the latest xserver-xorg-core. Since I was completely unable to find the previous version anywhere, and I'd cleaned the cache, I'm back on lenny's version. There's nothing in between.

It's almost fortunate that the current mutual dependency between perl and perl-modules is stopping any upgrade that involves a perl dependency. I've seen various claims about how to sort that out, but they seem to involve one or other perl-dependent package...

--
Joe