Re: how to downgrade and pin package (durep)?

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
  as a followup to an earlier post of mine, i can see now that the
current durep package (0.9-1) works *very* differently from the
earlier one, so rather than fight with the new one, i'm happy to use
the older version.  how exactly does one downgrade a package to a
particular version, then make sure it stays there over upgrades?
thanks, i've been awake for a day and a half and i'm just too tired to
go looking for the answer.  sorry.

Being the Point and Click user that I am, I would use Synaptic and add the repos I need to get the package that I want and then update and go to Package, Force Package, in the drop-down box I would choose the package I want and install it, then lock/pin the package.
--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian Sid at sda8
Registered Linux User #380263