Re: linux debian lenny 64bit installing ORACLE 64 errors

On Sat, 26 Sep 2009 22:07:02 +0500
Daniel Suleyman <danikpro@gmail.com> wrote:

> oracle@:/home/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.1/db1/bin$ ./relink all >
> test cp: cannot stat `/DISCARD/': No such file or directory

	I haven't got a 10.2 install at hand at the moment - does any
of the *.mk files reference the /DISCARD/ directory? Executing

cd $ORACLE_BASE
for FILE in `find -name *mk*`; do grep DISCARD $FILE; done

should give you a list of such makefiles. If any of them does, please

> /usr/bin/ld: i386 architecture of input file
> `/home/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.1/db1/sysman/lib/snmccolm.o' is
> incompatible with i386:x86-64 output

	This set of errors is more worrying - looks like you're trying
to link 32 and 64 bit binaries. It seems, that at least part of the
package is 32 bit. It's guaranteed to conflict with a 64 bit system.

Regards,
--
Michał Bożek