Re: remove package by hand ?

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 03:33:05PM +0200, Frank Bonnet wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have installed a package called ldap-account-manager
> taht I am unable de uninstall ...
>
> d# dpkg -r ldap-account-manager
> dpkg: error processing ldap-account-manager (--remove):
>  Package is in a very bad inconsistent state - you should
>  reinstall it before attempting a removal.
>  ldap-account-manager
>
> the reinstallation fails too
>
> any way to remove by hand this package ?

* use of force option comes as first possibility.
* editting prerm/postrm scripts are another possibilities.

Read:
 http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-reference/ch02.en.html#_recovery_from_a_broken_system
 http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-reference/ch02.en.html#_fixing_broken_package_script

Please remember, use of dpkg with --force-all either for install or
remove may yield broken system.

PS: This could be due to package bug.