mod_rewrite in apache

Hello,

i'm using squirrelmail for webmail  service, but in the web navigator appears http://webmail.mydomain.es/src/login.php, id like that just appear http://webmail.mydomain.es in all navigation, i mean, if squirrelmail changes again the web address, for example, http://webmail.mydomain.es/src/webmail.php i'd like that just appear http://mydomian.es/. I read that it can be done by the mod_rewrite from apache, but...I dont think that it'd be what im searching for...or maybe i dont understand how to do it. Someone can help me?

Thanks