Re: Clone a bootable USB key

2009/9/27 Dieder Vervoort <linuxx@telenet.be>:

> What I am trying to do: I would like to make a copy of my USB-key to one or
> more  files,
> send the files to a friend and he has to dd / copy this file to his USB-Key,
> and I was hoping this should work.

Then what you have done previously will work on the proviso that you
update grub to let it know where to find the kernel to boot. probably
the easiest way for you to do this is to boot from the first working
USB key and specify on the kernel command line root=/dev/sdc1

then as root run:
update-grub

--
24x7x365 != 24x7x52 Stupid or bad maths?
apartment it is.