Re: Can't boot custom compiled 2.6.30 amd64 kernel

Appreciate all the replies. However I have never used an initrd in the past (been building kernels since the 2.0.x series) and don't want to this time. sata and ext3 drivers are built into the kernel (not modules) so I don't think I should need one. Any thoughts as to why I apparently do, or how to continue not to need one?

ap

Andrew J Perrin - andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu - http://perrin.socsci.unc.edu
Associate Professor of Sociology; Book Review Editor, _Social Forces_
University of North Carolina - CB#3210, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3210 USA