Re: Tools for users to easily switch between several defined network configs.

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 2:48 PM, Vinicius Massuchetto
<viniciusandre@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 3:39 PM, Noah Dain <noahdain@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 12:50 PM, Ryan Braun <the.truck204@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> There is wicd.  It can do what you want, except for the dialup support
>> (not implemented yet, but keep reading).
>
> [...]
>
> Do you know if there's any plan to implement ppp support on wicd?
> That's a good software, and I only stopped using because of that.

It's planned for the 2.0 version, iirc.  They're implementing a whole
new backend configuration system that can be easily extended to
support new types of interfaces (including ppp, vpn)

However, it doesn't exist yet in any usable form, but isn't that
always the case with software?

-n