Re: Grub update problems

On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 08:54:44 +0300
Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun,20.Sep.09, 22:34:23, Frank McCormick wrote:
>
> [snip grub2 troubles]
>
> As far as I understand you "fixed" your problem by going back to
> grub1.
>
> > I also don't see any reference in it to the Ubuntu which I have on
> > hda3. Debian testing is on hda2.
>
> For the archives, to boot other OSes on your machine just install
> os-prober and run update-grub. In unstable os-prober is recommended
> by grub-common.
>
> Regards,
> Andrei
Andrei, thanks, I think. 8-)
I am Paranoid this AM.  I have two broken machines from this problem...
I'm on the last...

Here's the output from update-grub:
sudo update-grub
Generating grub.cfg ...
Found Debian background: moreblue-orbit-grub.png
Found linux image: /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.30-1-686
Found initrd image: /boot/initrd.img-2.6.30-1-686
Found Microsoft Windows XP Professional on /dev/hda1
done

Does that guarantee a safe reboot???
Thanks, Jack