Re: java6update15 - how, where,..?

On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 11:01:46AM +0200, Sven Hoexter wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 11:43:51PM +0200, Dexter Filmore wrote:
> > I need java6update15 or later (if there be) on a lenny machine.
> > Now, 6-12 is in lenny and no later in backports.
> >
> > ideas?
>
> Install the version from unstable or use java-package (hm donno if it's
> still actively maintained).
>
> Beside that the Sun Java packages are orphaned since a week or so
> because OpenJDK seems to be a viable working replacement nowdays.
> That just as a hint that there might be no further uptdates to the
> Sun java packages in unstable.

does that mean they have all the java moved over to openjdk & classpath,
last time I looked openjdk was still not a drop in replacement for sun
jdk - it has been a while

--
"It is clear our nation is reliant upon big foreign oil. More and more of our imports come from overseas."

	- George W. Bush
09/25/2000
Beaverton, OR