Re: Chat Server Software

Roman Gelfand 写道:
Can somebody recommend a good web based chat server software.   By web
based, I mean when you don't need to install a client, rather use
browser.

If it happens to include voice or video, even better.

Thanks in advance

I presume that you want to setup a server for your own use.
If this is the case, ejabber may be the server you are after.
There's also a lot of web based jabber client you can use freely.
Here's one:
http://jwchat.org/
Or you may google for one.
There're plenty of them.
Or you may develop your own.(I may also help if you want one. :p)
For realtime web-based video and audio communication, I don't think you can easily find one. If you don't care your chat message is stored on other company's server, you can just use web based chat tools like gtalk or web-based MSN.
Hope this helps.