Re: How do you put a debian iso image onto a usb flash drive?

Charlie Dorff escreveu:
Hi...
Could someone please explain how to put a debian iso image onto a usb flash drive? Thank you in advance.

Charlie

Hello Charlie.

Try this:

1 - Download boot.img.gz from this site: http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/lenny/main/installer-i386/current/images/hd-media/
2 - Download some debian image. I've only done this with netinstall but it *should *be ok to use another one.
3 - Insert your pendrive,  backup everything you have in it and umount it.
4 - Gunzip it and apply the image - gunzip boot.img.gz && dd if=boot.img of=/dev/sdd (don't forget to choose your usb device for your pendrive instead of sdd).
4 - Mount the pendrive and copy the image to it.
5 - Boot your computer with the pen drive as first boot device. Some bios don't support this, so you would have to hit some F Key. For the servers I've used this it was F10.
6 - Enjoy :)