Re: No thermal info :(

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 01:37:09PM EDT, Hashimoto wrote:
> Hey,
>
> How could I enable this feature?
>
> hashimoto@debian-lap:~$ acpitool -t
>   Thermal info   : <not available>
> hashimoto@debian-lap:~$

Shot in the dark: if you use grub as your bootloader, edit the line that
starts with “kernel” and append acpi=force¹

Then boot into your system and if the above works you should see a bunch of
messages that start with ACPI:

One of them should look like:

ACPI: Thermal Zone [THRM] (72 C)

At least that’s what I see on my system - kernel 2.6.26-1-686 (lenny).

If that doesn’t help, you may want to google for an ACPI HOWTO and check
everything that should be implemented for this to work.

If everything looks good and still no luck, look for any particular
issues reported with your system, processor, BIOS, etc..

HTH

CJ

¹ You can do this when you see the grub menu at boot time. In case
  adding acpi=force seriously breaks anything and you can’t boot into
  your system, you won’t have to boot off of a rescue disk to remove it
  as might be the case if you had edited your menu.lst.