Re: KVM switch - screen resolution

On 16.08.09 08:21, Fabrice Nkonko wrote:
> I am having a problem setting the screen resolution when I use a KVM
> switch.
>
> When I connect my monitor directly to the linux box I can set high
> resolution such as 1024x764 or more; however when the monitor is connect
> via a KVM switch I only get two options (800x600 and 640x480).
>
> How can I fix this issue?

I'd say very hardly. Maybe if you let the graphics card to re-read monitor
properties. When graphics card doesn't know them, it may not let you to
switch the resolution.

Does that happen anytime you are connected to the switch (even if you booted
our laptop being connected there and switched to monitor?). In such case you
can either force the resolution, or throw off the switch...

Linux - It's now safe to turn on your computer.
Linux - Teraz mozete pocitac bez obav zapnut.