Re: syncing sony erricson phone with linux

Micha Feigin wrote:

> Is it possible in a stable way to sync a sony erricson phone (k800i) with
> linux (calendar and contacts)?
>
> I tried to google but all I  found was seriously outdated, the main
> current reference seems to be opensync which I tried at the time but it
> failed miserably and it doesn't seem like the version number went
> anywhere.
>
> Regrettably what I'm doing now is to use my phone explorer in windows and
> transfer information via google calendar but it's a horrible solution.
>
> I'm currently using iceowl for calendar and I haven't found a descent
> contacts manager, but I'm open to suggestions on both (preferably not
> gnome/kde and if
> it's  a mail program it has to support my own mail directory which AFAIK
> neither mozilla, evolution nor kmail do, I'm currently using claws for
> mail which is great but doesn't have descent contacts support)
>
> thanks

Hi, I'm not sure if I can help you. I have k750i and dell notebook (d520)
with infrared port. So far I was able to sync only over USB cable with
multisync. Many people suggested to get bluetooth, because of better
support, which I refused.

There are a lot of infos you can find on tuxmobile. May be you can subscribe
to this group. Another interesting mailing list is the syncml (opensync)
one.

Have a look here
 http://tuxmobil.org/phones_survey_ericsson.html
 http://www.opensync.org/wiki/peers/sonyEricsson/k800i