syncing sony erricson phone with linux

Is it possible in a stable way to sync a sony erricson phone (k800i) with linux (calendar and contacts)?

I tried to google but all I  found was seriously outdated, the main current
reference seems to be opensync which I tried at the time but it failed
miserably and it doesn't seem like the version number went anywhere.

Regrettably what I'm doing now is to use my phone explorer in windows and
transfer information via google calendar but it's a horrible solution.

I'm currently using iceowl for calendar and I haven't found a descent contacts
manager, but I'm open to suggestions on both (preferably not gnome/kde and if
it's  a mail program it has to support my own mail directory which AFAIK
neither mozilla, evolution nor kmail do, I'm currently using claws for mail
which is great but doesn't have descent contacts support)

thanks