Re: OpenArena incredibly slow after apt-get dist-upgrade

Can you please try to downgrade the libdrm2 package to the one from the stable version? I've had troubles with significant performance loss with the newest version.

greetings,
vitaminx

2009/9/16 Florian Kulzer <florian.kulzer+debian@icfo.es>
On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 13:51:00 +0200, Sjoerd Hardeman wrote:
> David A. Bandel schreef:

> >>There was a new kernel and a new xorg. Can you check if you still have
> >>direct rendering enabled? Check te output of 'glxinfo | grep "direct
> >Thanx for the reply.  But:
> >
> >david@tole:~$ glxinfo | grep "direct rendering"
> >direct rendering: Yes

I seem to remember that I have at least once seen "direct rendering:
Yes" even though dog-slow software rendering was active. There might be
more clues in the output of:

 glxinfo | grep -E 'OpenGL|vendor|version'

and, of course, the all-time favorite:

 grep -E '^\((EE|WW)\)' /var/log/Xorg.0.log

--
Regards,            | http://users.icfo.es/Florian.Kulzer
         Florian   |