Re: migrating my lenny install from 32-bit to 64-bit?

Robert P. J. Day schreef:
  i've mentioned this before, but by the end of this week, i want to
move my entire current (fully-updated) lenny install from an old
32-bit system to a new 64-bit dell server, and i'm open to advice on
the easiest and most error-free way to do that.

  i've already duplicated the software packages on the new server, so
what's left is to transfer over the remainder of the configuration --
mail server, web server, user accounts, etc.  the whole ball of wax.

  since both systems have webmin, someone suggested doing a webmin
backup on the old system, then just restoring it on the new one, which
makes a certain amount of sense as long as webmin can be trusted to
reproduce configuration info accurately.
Why not just copy /etc, /home, /root and /var, and make sure you do not follw symlinks in copying. That should do.

Sjoerd