Re: Where did ctrl-alt-F1 go?

Hendrik Boom wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 20:02:00 +0200, goran@dobosevic.com wrote:
>

>> Hendrik Boom wrote:
>>
>>> I just downloaded and burned a new Debian testing netinstall CD last
>>> week, and used it to install testing.
>>>
>>> Everything went well, but after installation, when I tried using
>>> ctrl-alt- F1 to switch to a virual console, nothing happened.
>>>
>>> How do I go about getting such a console?  I can get a root command
>>> window, but if I end up upgrading X sometime, that doesn't seem the
>>> best place to be controlling the upgrade from.
>>>
>>> -- hendrik

funny... I also just checked out of curiosity on my 3-day old updated
squeeze system and indeed ctrl-alt-f1 does not work! With f2 instead, it
works giving me the second tty. After turning to tty mode, ctrl-alt-f1
works though. Hmmm, why all that?

[I don't have time to open a new thread, but I am also disappointed that
the upgrade two days ago breaks X by removing this
xserver-xorg-video-all package... :-( ]