Re: Where did ctrl-alt-F1 go?

Hendrik Boom wrote:
I just downloaded and burned a new Debian testing netinstall CD last week, and used it to install testing.

Everything went well, but after installation, when I tried using ctrl-alt-
F1 to switch to a virual console, nothing happened.

How do I go about getting such a console? I can get a root command window, but if I end up upgrading X sometime, that doesn't seem the best place to be controlling the upgrade from.

-- hendrik

Ctrl+Alt+F1 works on my up-to-date Squeeze KDE. I just tried.
You can always chose "Your Kernel version Singleuser" in grub.
Or you can switch to console (session manager or something like that at the bottom of display) before entering your user name and password.
Hope that will help you.

--
Bye,
Goran Dobosevic