Re: How to know the name of an ethernet interface.

Roberto De Oliveira escribió:
But about the ifconfig -a command;   it only reports the interfaces
configured in the /etc/X11/interfaces file, so (in my case) if I _do not_
edit the /etc/udev/rules.... file as you said and I change into my
/etc/X11/interfaces file my eth2 back to eth0, ifconfig would never see eth2
back.  I'm asking if there is a command that can say me:  no, you don't have
an eth0, you have an eth33 (for example).  Of course now I know that I can
see inside the 70-persistent-net.rules files and look for them (thanks
again)

I guess that "ifconfig -a" reports all network interfaces recognized
by the kernel (not only interfaces listed in /etc/network/interfaces).
 Also you can use "lshw -C network" instead of ifconfig (lshw uses
sysfs)

Thank you Roberto

Gracias.

Juan