Q: USB devices are not available in VirtualBox

Hi,

I hit the wall and looking for help with VirtualBox in Debian. Search in google gave many links and I tried quite a few solutions described but no go.

Installed
-----------------------------------
Debian 5.0 lenny
Sun VirtualBox ver 3.0.4
Guest OS: Windows XP

/etc/fstab
none /proc/bus/usb usbfs auto,busguid=122,busmode=0775,devgid=116,devmode=0664 0 0

/etc/group
vboxusers:x:116:username

I followed instruction and registered two USB filters in configuration software. But once Guest OS started USB devices are grayed out and not available.

USB device automatically recognized by debian and mounted. User is able to read/write to device from linux but not from Windows.

I would appreciate any hint(s) to where look for a fix.

Thanks,
Andy