Re: local linux (debian) support

Patrick,

That's real nice idea !

In my country (Brazil) unfortunatelly there are few people that are willing to change from Micro$hit to Linux.

Those people who use linux (talking about begginers, dummies, etc) just bought a PC or Notebook with it pre-installed.

I belong to a local Debian user group, and we managed to change this history a little bit, with campaigns, install fests,  common people now use linux to do their everyday tasks.

But there is a lack of local support, I have a job as a System Administrator, and don't have much time to do this, neither other members from Debian Users group. If your mamma's PC with Windows is broken where she'll send to fix? And if it was Linux installed?

Think of it. Nice iniciative.

Regards,

--
Tiago Almeida