Re: Configuring Tor and Privoxy in Squeeze [SOLVED]

       I am pretty sure that you will not even haven to use the
       workaround if
       you make the suggested change to /etc/hosts.

       Florian

Just an update - I deleted the redundant "localhost" entry in the /etc/hosts file as suggested and accepted the Tor and Privoxy upgrade, keeping my original config file when asked to keep/ update.

   So far - all seems to be well.

   You were a tremendous help with this issue and I am very grateful.

   Thank you for sharing your expertise with me.

   Best wishes to you.

   AG

Hi guys, I just wanted to confirm the issue. I just performed a fresh install. I used a USB boot disk with the 'debian-502-i386-netinst.iso' image. I then set my /etc/apt/sources.list file to use 'testing' and did a full safe-upgrade. When I installed Tor and Privoxy the same issue was encountered and eliminating the localhost entry from the IPv6 ::1 line in /etc/hosts resolved the issue.

I don't know much about IPv6. Who should be notified of this? Is this a problem with the default /etc/hosts file or an issue with Privoxy's defaults?

Jivan