Re: starting debian wiki in my local language

On 2009-09-08_15:49:45, Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:
> thanks, already done that.

IMHO, you will have more success at reaching your intended audience if
you have an active presence on wiki.debian.org. --- Think: where would
you have gone for wiki-type help with Debian before you gained enough
knowledge to think seriously about creating a wiki?

But if you have a location in mind that is better for native speakers
of Bahasa Melayu, then use it. I feel confident in thinking that no
current member of the Debian establishment is confident enough of their
command of the Bahasa Melayu language to want place restrictions on your
work.

Question for improvement of my knowledge: How many native speakers of
Bahasa Melayu do you estimate there are in the world? Where are the
bulk of them located?

Is the Internet connection from there to wherever wiki.debian.org is
sited, adequate to handle the projected traffic?  If the answer is no,
this might prove to be a very good reason for starting a separate wiki
site that is sited within easy access distance of the projected user
base.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net