Re: How do I start auto DHCP?

On Sun,06.Sep.09, 20:37:55, Jason Hsu wrote:
> I successfully installed Debian on a laptop, but it's refusing to
> connect to the Internet.  It had no difficulty connecting during the
> installation process, but it's not connecting now.  How do I start a
> network connection?  How do I start auto DHCP?
>
> It's a wired Ethernet connection.

[snip DSL procedure]

> What's the analogous procedure in Debian Linux?

It depends on what environment you have installed. I assume you want to
do it from a graphical environment so you should be looking for Network
Manager. You can also write this in /etc/network/interfaces:

allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

If it's already there than remove network-manager (also known as
network-mangler) ;)

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)