Re: Inquiry:Can I make use of external memory stick for Debian installation ?

hadi motamedi skrev:
Excuse me , the link you provided me is for zcat *.gz but my case relates to "how to *.iso" . Can you please let me how to copy *.iso files onto USB memory sticks as bootable ones ?

It seems to me that he link provided covers the iso-case.

Read the last 2 lines of section 4.3.1 again.

Hope it helps.

/ johan

On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 8:45 AM, Norbert Zeh <nzeh@cs.dal.ca <mailto:nzeh@cs.dal.ca>> wrote:

    On Sun, Sep 06, 2009 at 07:56:26AM +0100, hadi motamedi wrote:
     > Dear All
     > Can you please do me favor and let me know how can I make use of the
     > external memory stick for Debian installation ? Please be
    informed that my
     > server doesn't come with internal CDROM drive so I need to make
    use of the
     > external memory stick for this purpose . I have downloaded the
    *.iso files
     > and so I need to find a way for writing to external USB memory
    stick and try
     > to install right from there . I will change the BIOS settings to
    boot from
     > the external devices then .
     > Thank you in advance
     > Regards
     > H.Motamedi

    There's an excellent how-to here:

    http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch04s03.html.en

    Just replace "i386" and "en" with your favourite architecture and
    language and then follow it to the point.

    Cheers,
    Norbert