Re: Network Manager cannot be removed

> Can you explain what exactly you mean by that and why NM isn't multi-user.

In what way is it multi-user?
Try it: log in once, look at the applet; then log in a second time with
another user, look at the absence of the applet.

I actually find the UI fairly good, but I find it a drag that it can't
handle situations where several users are logged in at the same time.
Most of my machines have several active sessions at the same time in the
most common case.

        Stefan

PS: IIUC the more recent releases are finally able to to connect to
networks even when nobody is logged in, although when I tried this
feature it was apparently still too young and wasn't working for me.