Installation: How do I bypass partitioning?

I have a laptop with Windows XP already installed one one partition and Puppy Linux already installed on another partition.

I have additional partitions.  How do I install Debian on another partition?  The installer insists that I write the partitions before I install Debian.  Is there a way to skip this step given that writing a partition essentially means deleting everything on the drive?  Puppy Linux didn't insist on writing the partitions when I installed it after putting Windows XP on the first partition.

--
Jason Hsu <jhsu802701@jasonhsu.com>