KDE Bluetooth does not find device

    When I run kbluetooth (KDE Bluetooth Server), it says "No Bluetooth
adaptor". However, command-line tools work:

$ hcitool dev
Devices:
        hci0    00:0A:3A:5E:1E:4B

$ hcitool scan
Scanning ...
        00:25:D0:67:64:42       E3

... and so on.

My user is in the netdev and bluetooth groups. The system is an
up-to-date testing. Here are some relevant packages:

$ dpkg -l | grep blue
ii  bluetooth                            4.42-2
Bluetooth support
ii  bluez                                4.42-2
Bluetooth tools and daemons
ii  bluez-utils                          4.42-2
Transitional package
ii  kdebluetooth                         1.0~beta8-6+b1              KDE
Bluetooth Framework
rc  libbluetooth2                        3.36-1
Library to use the BlueZ Linux Bluetooth stack
ii  libbluetooth3                        4.42-2
Library to use the BlueZ Linux Bluetooth stack
ii  libkbluetooth0                       1.0~beta8-6+b1
Bluetooth library for KDE
ii  mplayer-skin-blue                    1.6-2
blue skin for mplayer

$ uname -a
Linux gandalf 2.6.29-2-amd64 #1 SMP Sun May 3 11:38:27 UTC 2009 x86_64
GNU/Linux

Any tips?

--
Diplomacy is about surviving until the next century.  Politics is about
surviving until Friday afternoon.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br