Re: Silverlight/Moonlight/Tuva

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 2:00 AM, Jan Willem Stumpel<jstumpel@planet.nl> wrote:
> Has anyone succeeded in using the "moonlight" packages in order to
> view the videos at Microsoft's Tuva project? If so, which packages
> are needed exactly / which tricks?

A few clickthroughs on that particular site suggest that they 1) have
a clue and 2) actually point you to a moonlight plugin that may in
fact work. MS might actually be conceding that the Linux OS actually
exists! :)

OTOH, I had in fact installed moonlight on this Ubuntu Jaunty system
to listen to some radio station content and after doing that, the
thing just worked. Perhaps I need a newer Moonlight to make this work,
and optionally make some other video content (e.g., ABC network shows)
work (which so far haven't been able to be watched in anything but
vista :(.

The clickthrough ends up here:

http://go-mono.com/moonlight/

But all that tells me is that I'm running the current version of
moonlight (1.01).

On the other hand, moonlight-plugin-mozila (presumably that's the
right package) wasn't installed, although I know that I did the
moonlight dance sometime back, IIRC. Well, off to reload the browser
and see what transpires.

--
thanks for letting me change the magnetic patterns on your hard disk.