Re: hotmail sends blank messages from iceweasel

Hi,

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 01:27:21AM +0100, Chris Lale wrote:
> Charles wrote:
> > On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 14:42:09 -0700
> > Paul Johnson <baloo@ursamundi.org> wrote:

> Yes, it's Iceweasel that has the problem.

Hmmm... It looks to me interaction between Iceweasel and Hotmail is bad
because Hotmail does not like Iceweasel.

It is not Iceweasel's fault.  But I understand it is a problem for you.

This is a problem caused by Hotmail which can be solved by Iceweasel
telling lie to Hotmail who they are :-)  When you can not teach stupid
service to do the right thing, we can work around their stupidity and
live our good life.

spoofing the user-agent string is the answer to you.

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-reference/ch06.en.html#_browser_configuration
http://www.mozilla.org/unix/customizing.html#prefs

Osamu