Re: Converting Flac to MP3

Rob Owens wrote:
On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 01:16:19PM +0100, Gav wrote:
Does anybody know of a program that will convert Flac files to MP3. Preferably taking all the tag information from the flac file and setting it in the MP3 file. I converted my CD collection to Flac a while back but could now do with MP3's too. :o|

I think soundconverter will do it.  It requires you to have the
appropriate gstreamer codecs installed.

-Rob

sorry i am late with my answer! i was out of town.

use 'flac' to decode your flac files into wav-files.
than use 'lame' to convert the wav-files into mp3-files;

both on the commandline.

success,

steef

--