RE: How to install a debian package without root on a non-Debian system?

Find an RPM package for whatever program you want installed, preferably from
the same distro that you're running, and extract the contents of the package
with the rpm command into your home directory.  Create a bin folder in your
home directory and add it to your path.  Copy the extracted program into
that folder.  If the program also depends on libraries that aren't currently
installed, follow the same procedure to download and extract the needed
library RPMs, making a lib folder, and adding it to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH
environment variable.