Re: x won't start as a particular user. for other users works fine. what file is causing it? how to troubleshoot?

Mitchell Laks wrote:
Hi,

I am running sid on a laptop. X was working fine.

I lent my laptop to my sister for a few weeks and her kids played with it,
and she returned it saying "it doesn't work".

The problem is that X won't start as a single particular user. For all other users, X starts fine.

Reminds me of the problem my sister had when she downloaded a music.raw file, she forgot about it and it kept on downloading until her /home partition was full, she called me and said "it's broke." I logged in as root and deleted the file and it was fixed.
--
Jimmy Johnson

Bakersfield, CA. U.S.A.
Registered Linux User #380263