RE: motherboad for desktop

David Christensen wrote:

> I'm currently considering the Intel DG45ID motherboard.  It has everything
> I need, including Intel's best video chip (X4500ID):

if you need this for a server - yes.

I think I bought earlier this year this same mainboard

I'm not very happy with intel graphic chipsets but for the price it's not
bad. I'm using it for a server I have at home and I thought I could use
also as a workstation, but there was some delay in rendering graphics (when
watching video or tv.

The board itself had a really stupid bios, because it could not recognize
and remember all of the drives I attached to the board (look for info on
that if other people have the issue).
As it's server I can live with that but when rebooting I need to try several
time (going to the bios and checking if there are all the drives recognized
and listed)

regardding the video I had following situation. The machine stopped suddenly
and didn't come back until next day. The next day it booted (almost
normally - see above). Since then I'm not trying to use it as a workstation
and it never happened again, so my suspicion is that it overheated
somewhere in the graphics part and had to cool down over night.

Also it came out recently that intel was selling bundled sh*t to pc
manufacturers, causing disadvantage to competitors and they were sued
(don't remember if the EU or in the US - I think it was the EU)

Just be careful!

regards