Re: a pseudo-"clone" facility for migrating to new hardware?

On Mon, 24 Aug 2009, Joe wrote:

> My advice would be to grit your teeth and install a completely new
> system, based on your existing packages. Then copy the data and as
> much configuration information as possible. Sorry.

  it only just occurred to me that, yes, that's what i have to do
since it's currently a 32-bit system and i'm moving it to a 64-bit
server.  duh.  (yes, i know i could install a 32-bit OS but that would
be a waste of all that 64-bit processing power.)

rday